Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Time to get moving.....

I am ready for fall to start, but the only problem I am facing at this point is the dreaded "baby weight" still hanging around. After my first pregnancy I had no problem losing the weight, it seemed to just disappear after a pretty short time. I did go up one whole dress size, but that was okay with me. I looked at it as an opportunity to do a little wardrobe revamp and I could still squeeze into most of my favorite pieces. Fast forward to pregnancy number two and things are not quite as simple. Now don't get me wrong, my efforts to lose the weight are nothing to write a cheer about, but I have barely lost any weight since Paige was born (NINE MONTHS AGO!!!!) and I'm at my breaking point. As the fall weather is right around the corner, I started to go through my pre-Paige winter clothes and they are like 2 whole dress sizes down from my weight now.........UGG! I have never in my life experienced this problem. Growing up I was teased for being the skinny girl and now I long to have that 12 year old boy frame back. Okay, so not quite that far. But, for goodness sake there has to be some medium! No pun intended, but I am tired of buying the size large. The worst part about finding the motivation to actually do something and stop complaining is my body image is HIGH. WTF! I don't feel uncomfortable in my skin, so I am having a hard time commiting to the new workout plan. So, I have found a new motivation. For those who know me, I am a shop-aholic and love nothing more than buying clothes for myself and the girls. This year, instead of going out and getting all new clothes in size "BIG" I am going to treat myself to................FITNESS! I know I will be energized, less stressed, positive, healthier and best of all I am going to lose this weight that does not belong on my body. I will fit into those size 8 jeans again. I will wear those cute little tops that make my now post baby belly make people say, "are you having another one?". Note to those people, unless you are sure....DON"T ASK> For the last 3 weeks I have been extremely diligent about exercise. I have started to walk, run, bike and strength train for at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. I am writing this blog as a reminder to myself that this is a goal, a goal that can be achieved and will be achieved. Maybe by putting it out there, cyberspace can also hold me accountable. So next time you see me grabbing for the bottle of ranch to pour on my pizza, FOR God's SAKE.......STOP ME! I have to say my favorite, yet hardest exercise right now is biking. I take the girls along and do about 4 miles at a time (maybe more when I am ready). They are a heavy load those girls:

Kayla, Paige thanks for giving Mommy that extra little push (or pull in this case) on my ride. I love you both!

7 comments:

流浪汉 瑜伽 Yoga Tramp said...

Hai friend how r u? i would like to discuss some yoga pose with u, u r welcome to my blog, thk

Huse Yo Mama said...

That's fantastic, girl! what's more fantastic is that no matter what, you are comfortable in your own skin. I'm not, so I don't know what that's like, but I would imagine it's even harder to get motivated when you are!

Keep us posted!

Laura said...

Thats awesome Nikki! I will be joining you on your quest here in a few months... I have gained alot during my pregnancy and its got to go!!!

Anna said...

Good for you for getting out and moving! It's prefect timing for the great weather that is right around the corner too. I think Paige will also keep you motivated when she crawls over and demands to go for a ride! I bet she loved the wind on her face...

Little T said...

Getting active always makes you feel better. I think you are beautiful just the way you are.

Watching The River Run said...

As I recently told you, you are looking great. There's a noticeable difference. I am envious. My noticeable difference is in the opposite direction. Keep On woman!~~Sex is a good workout too! ;)

Maggie May said...

i hear you. after birthing and getting into my thirties and having hypothyroidism i suddenly have twenty extra pounds no one invited!